2013 (in process)
Presents We Can All Be Brave And Kind anti-bullying workshop for grades 2-5 at 18 Cuyahoga County Public Library branches.
Featured in a News Sun article, Class Aims To Stop Bullying In School, by Chris Mosby that highlights presentation of anti-bullying workshops through Cuyahoga County Public Library system.
With Walt Campbell, launches musical duo, Muscle and Bone, which interprets the songs of Bob Dylan with acoustic guitar, electric bass, harmonica and two voices; released album titled Muscle and Bone - Songs of Bob Dylan. Creates internet presense through web site, social media, iPhone App and e-newsletter. Duo begins live performance and work on second album, Muscle and Bone - Bob Dylan Masterpieces.
Creates new Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio anti-bullying program for K-4, We Can All Be Brave And Kind using stories to provide a safe place for children to grapple with their feelings and the characters in any bullying scenario: the bully, the bullied, the bystander/witness, and the supportive adult. Through folktales from diverse cultures, song and reflection, Susan invites participants to empathize with story characters and consider effective responses when confronted with unkind words and actions. Reinforces other bullying-prevention programs and policies by modeling positive attitudes and behaviors in a safe, supportive environment.
Designs and publishes Teaching Artist Portfolio on this website to provide educators with clear understanding of teaching artist work including mission, letters of recommendation, teacher/student feedback, photos, programs and resources. See the left sidebar for additional areas of focus.
With Walt Campbell, continues to develop musical duo, Muscle and Bone, which interprets the songs of Bob Dylan with acoustic guitar, electric bass, harmonica and two voices; finishes work on album titled Muscle and Bone - Songs of Bob Dylan at Dark Tree Studios with Jay Bentoff, engineer and co-producer.
With dancer Colleen Clark, creates a new Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio program for K-6, Dance, Tell, Celebrate Me! which explores African, Celtic, Indian and Hispanic culture through story and dance. Students move, sing and chant to celebrate their strengths and reaffirm a positive body image with joyful reminders to be yourself and pay attention to what is on the inside.
Presents Art is Education Between The Lions literacy based residencies throughYoung Audiences of Northeast Ohio
With Walt Campbell, creates new musical group, Muscle and Bone, which interprets the songs of Bob Dylan with acoustic guitar, electric bass, harmonica and two voices; begins work on live show and audio recordings.
Joins Art is Education team through Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio
Profiled on The Rainbow Channel, Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital Media Technology
Redesigned website titled Susan Weber | the necessary work of art launched:
- communicate through blog posts, video and digital recording
- explore the creative process
- support artist community and positive impact of artist work
Selections from debut rock album MONET'S ORBIT comprise the music soundtrack in award winning director's short film, Remembrance.
Featured on Arts Quest, Time Warner Cable TV
Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio Arts for Learning: Between the Lions residency artist
Songwriting judge for Teen Creative Writing Contest, Cuyahoga County Public Library
Susan Weber fronts a band performing her original work, culminating in the release of her critically acclaimed rock album, MONET'S ORBIT.
- Cleveland Free Times Music Awards: Best Female Singer Songwriter
- Cool Cleveland Top 10 Albums: MONET'S ORBIT
- Performance highlights: Ingenuity Arts & Technology Festival, The Beachland Ballroom & Tavern, Studio-A-Rama WRUW, The Winchester Tavern & Music Hall, Wilbert's, Hi Fi Club, Symposium, Barking Spider Tavern, Crooked River Groove TV, Words & Music TV, Hessler Street Fair, Cleveland Peace Show
2003 & before
Susan Weber performs, records and teaches in the local and midwest arts community
- Performing songwriter, solo and ensemble (Weber & Wood, Silk & Burlap, Harmony Girls, Trillium, Fairmount Trio) in NE Ohio and the midwest.
- Performance highlights: Kent State Folk Festival, Little Mountain Folk Festival,
Berea Folk Fest, Emerald City Folk Festival, No Exit Cafe, WRUW, WAPS, WJCU, WRDL, WELW, Playhouse Square Palooza, University Circle Parade the Circle and Festival of Lights
- Releases album of original songs: COSMIC DUST
- Great American Song Contest: Honor Award
- Young Audiences of Greater Cleveland: 2003 Sunshine Award for Arts in Education
- Folk Alliance Region Midwest: Board member
- Folknet: Charter member and frequent Continuum newsletter contributor
- Northeast Ohio Songwriters Circle: Co-founder
- Captain Dave Productions: on Songwriting Production Team of shows that received the following:
- American International Film & Video Awards: 1998 Best Original Music
- American Motion Picture Association: 1999 Best Story Video
- Canadian International Video Festival: 1999 Three Stars Award
- San Mateo Video Festival: 1999 & 2000 Entertainment, 1st Place
- American International Film & Video Festival: 2001 Most Creative Award
- Philo Awards: 2001 First Place
- The Videographer Awards: 2001 Award of Excellence
- Southern Sunshine Video Festival: 2001 winner
- Hometown Video Festival: 1998 & 2003 winner
- Leads songwriting workshops with:
- Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio
- The Lit: Cleveland's Literary Center
- Beck Center for the Arts
- Lakewood Public Library
- Cleveland MetroParks